I won’t have much time this week to cook fancy. So I am bringing out my crock pot for a meal plan. This week is Mexican food. Meat and rice bowls, tacos, and Mexican Panini.
- Beef roast with seasoning (steak rub)
- 4 carrots
- 1 onion
- a chunk of garlic log
- 1 1/2 cup water
Dump it all into the crock pot.
Once my meat is done, I plan my meals for the week. This week I am working 10 hour days so meal prep is the secret to feeding my family.
Chorizo Spanish Rice:
- 2 cups of rice
- a chunk of garlic log
- 1/2 pound of Chorizo
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 frozen peas
Let the rice rinsed rice saute with the onions and chorizo for about 3 minutes. Then add the liquid and let it come to a boil. Cover it, and leave it alone for about 20 minutes. Add some cilantro at the end, or peas or any veggie you like. You can also use quinoa if you want to watch the carbs in rice.
Now that the food is done, I pack it up in containers and it’s in the fridge ready for our week. Now, even though the food is ready, that doesn’t mean my family can warm it up on their own. Oh no…..that takes too much work. I am working on that one. They all have the condition called “lazy dependent on mama disorder” and I am going to have to assign “warm up the darn food” duties soon. So, here is our week of food:
- Monday, we are having Mexican Barcelo Bowls, which are pretty easy. Dump everything I just made into a bowl (rice on the bottom) and top with cheese, guacamole and salsa. Done!
- Tuesday, we are having tacos: Place meat in a fried corn tortilla, top with cheese, salsa, guac or what ever you like. Then add a side of rice. Done!
- Wednesday we are having shredded beef Paninis pool-side. Grab your bread (french roll works best) add your meat and any cheese and put in on the grill. Serve with a side of fruit. Done!
- Thursday, the kids get In and Out Burger, they are tired of the same food and I let the kids pick dinner. For hubby and myself, I wrap the meat in lettuce and we have a lettuce taco, zero carb for our summer beach body look:)
- Friday, I need to get out of the house and someone needs to serve me!
See how simple this was? Sundays are my days to make something in the crock pot so that I can make simple dinners during the week. I hate coming home to that feeling of, ‘oh, what do I feed everyone?’ I feel like a mama bird with all her little babies who are sitting in my nest with their beaks open. I’m still waiting for that day that I come home and a meal is on the kitchen island waiting for me….hint hint family:)