A simple plate of tacos is the way to go. I can’t find a taco place that beats homemade tacos. So, Taco Tuesday is always in my kitchen.
- 2 tbsp Taco seasoning
- 2 shredded Chicken breast (bake your seasoned chicken breast then shred the meat with all the juices)
- 12 Corn Tortillas, fried and folded
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo or any salsa
- roasted green Anaheim Chili (roast over a flame until charred, wrap in paper towel and dish towel for 10 minutes to sweat, then unwrap and peel off the black stuff)
- sour cream and radishes for topping
- decorate your plate with sliced cucumbers and lime, sprinkled with salt.
Mix all the above ingredients together and spoon into your fried corn tortilla. Top with sour cream, guacamole, cheese and radishes. Serve with your favorite Spanish rice or make a healthy quinoa side dish, but toss in some taco seasoning to add some taste.
Homemade Taco Seasoning:
- 3 tbsp of Chili Powder (mild or hot)
- 2 tbsp of smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp of cumin
- 2 tbsp of dried oregano
- 2 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp on of sea salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
Mix all ingredients in a mason jar and use it in everything that needs some latin love.